Friday, March 14, 2008

after death

I've been conversing recently with a very close friend. My friend is doing a paper on the Roman Catholic idea of purgatory.

I'm not going to get into that now. But I told my friend to do research on the Bible first and to see what it in fact says happens after death.

Here are some of the points we have been discussing.

1. Unbelievers are sent to Hades. A place of torment to await judgment at the Great White Throne of God (Rev 20)
2. Believers are not sent to Hades, rather they are in the presence of the King, awaiting the Glorious Resurrection, the Second Coming and the judgement of their works at the Bema seat.
3. Keep in mind that believers are not judged according to their sin, their sin was already judged upon Christ at the cross.

God bless you all in your continued studies.

Pastor Eric

No comments: