Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Brothers from other Mothers

Kolan, Brother Bob and Dean,

Thanks to the three of you as of late for the words of encouragement. Perseverance is of the highest priority.

My Coast Guard job has been keeping me super busy as of late, and I feel as though I've neglected family and ministry. I've really been praying about how to balance life and ministry. I know that God has called me to serve Him, and I also know that He will never call me to do something that conflicts with His Word.

In this we can always stand firm. God will NEVER call us to do something that conflicts with His revealed will in His Word!

I need to discharge the duties of my ministry, but not at the expense of blessing my wife, nor at the expense of those placed in authority over me.

So to my brothers from other mothers (but the same heavenly Father) I salute you for your words of encouragement!

BREAK BREAK

Last week, I didn't get to go to my meeting with Pastor Wayne and to be honest I was a bit frustrated, but I understand he is a busy man.

Last Sunday we went to our Sunday School and our study of Titus, but then we were slated to work with the four year olds. I enjoyed it very much, but missed the message preached by Pastor Wayne. I pray that this week we are able to meet. I really miss this time with my mentor.

BREAK BREAK

This week, on Thursday I have my Commanding Officer and Command Master Chief coming into town on Thursday. This is the first time our CO and CMC have visited this office in years! Although I look forward to it, much preperation is being made.

Thursday is also "Da Badger's" (my son Javen's) birthday. I love Da Badger with all my heart and am actually looking forward to Thursday night. Please pray that my meeting with the CO and CMC goes well that I can enjoy family time with my son on his birthday that evening.

BREAK BREAK

Yesterday afternoon we went to Burger King with the kids for lunch as Marie had a doctor's appointment. She had asked me to meet them for lunch.

When we were there, in line there were some unbathed, and what appeared to be homeless people. One in particular that was in line smelled something awful! I was disgusted initially and God quickly convicted my heart as He tends to do and literally I confessed my pride, repented and asked for His forgiveness.

I sat and prayed, thanking God for His forgiveness and also that He would bless this man who was in need.

God reminded me that none of us are worthy of Him and to Him we are not worthy to be in His presence, except for the work of the Christ!

I continued to pray for this man and felt peace in my heart, when around this time Marie came to the table (I was with the kids, she was ordering) and told me that God had put it on her heart to buy that man's meal! What a praise! Without speaking to my wife about what God was doing over my own pride, Marie had it put upon her heart to purchase His meal.

I don't put this in my blog to put Marie in a good light, or to say "look at us how great we are". NO! I put it here so that the GLORY OF GOD might be displayed even through a Pastor's pride and repentance.

God you are amazing!

God bless,

Pastor Eric

No comments: