Well today nothing really happened that I know of regarding BTF, but something that did happen was that Marie and I attended a Marriage Conference at Hoffmantown Baptist Church.
The conference was led by Dr. Gary Chapman author of "The Five Love Languages" among other works. He is a very gifted speaker and we were truly blessed by the conference.
During lunch we met some very interesting folk: Gary and Cheryl, Steve and Julie and John and Michelle.
Got into some interesting conversation regarding the seminar and then onto the subject of essential Christian doctrine. I don't know that one of the table members was a believer in the Lord based on some comments made, but I'm excited about the fact that they were all there and I pray they were as blessed as we were by the conference.
Afterwards, Marie and I went to Texas Roadhouse Grill for dinner and shared some of our heart from the conference with one another. After that, we tried a movie and the most bizarre thing happened.
I ran into a person who I hadn't seen in about 9 years and the last time I saw them was in a different country! How bizarre is that! Anyhow, I'm sure God has a plan and a purpose for it.
I really want to put more down about the conference, but it really doesn't relate to BTF and so I'll leave it off this blog. I haven't really decided how "personal" my blog should be or if it should relate specifically to BTF. If you have any thoughts.. let me know.
May Almighty God bless you all!
Pastor Eric
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My only observation is that this is entitled "Pastor Eric's Blog," not strictly "Birch Tree Fellowship Blog." Personal spiritual experiences affect your ministry -- I think that makes them pertinent.
Post a Comment