Providence not coincidence
.
This morning I headed to Austin, TX for a Coast Guard conference. While at the airport I finished up my blog from yesterday entitled “Loaves, fishes and cake”, then I packed up my computer and boarded my plane.
.
As I boarded I looked around at the seating which was about at 60% capacity and thought to myself that perhaps I should look for a more spacious seat, one that wasn’t directly next to a stranger. But I instead sat in my assigned seat next to a well dressed man.
.
We struck up a conversation and come to find out that he is a believer in Christ. He actually is the Southern Regional Sales Manager for Broadman and Holman publishing! What a small world! His name is Mike G. and I was very blessed to have met him. He told me that he was familiar with Albuquerque as he had lived here for a portion of his life and that he knew of the believers at Hoffmantown. It is always amazing to me how God works in mysterious ways.
.
This feels no different to me than perhaps how Tychicus, Timothy, Titus etc all knew of each other and the believers in the various cities of the early church.
.
Anyhow, as of my title in this post, I do believe in providence and not coincidence. So often we hear of “luck”. Is there really such a thing in world where God is sovereign?
.
I’m so thankful to serve a God who is control, a God who is a loving and holy God. I pray for God’s perfect will and not just his permissive will. May His providence be present and visible in the ministry He has called us to.
.
Mike, I don’t know why I met you, but I’m sure God has a reason. It is a blessing to live for a higher calling than just business. You are not a “salesman” as you put it to me Mike. You are a Christian! Not only that, but a Christian on a mission! Sent wherever you travel with credentials from the One who spoke, and the Universe came into existence!
.
I pray that God will bless you in His business and His calling on your life. I pray that He will give you clarity of thought and wisdom in decisions that you are called to make and lastly that He will make His presence felt in your life in a more powerful way than He ever has before. It was a blessing to have met you Mike. We will meet again.
.
Providence not coincidence.
.
Pastor Eric
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment