How frustrating, I just took over an hour to make a post and even though I clicked "save" multiple times throughout it deleted it!
I'm pretty frustrated.. but I will not allow the enemy to have victory when the Holy Spirit reigns in me. Perseverance is commanded in Scripture.. so guess what devil...
I'm back!
Basically in my post that I just finished... I talked about several things:
1. The new website software
2. My meeting with the Dead Preacher Society (and a full breakdown of Greek verb tenses)
3. My post meeting with Pastor Wayne Barber
4. My meeting with Chris at the office
5. Joel Osteen's comments on Mormonism being the same as Christianity
6. My trip with Chris to the bookstore to purchase a bible.
So now instead of reading my entire ramble.. you'll get the condensed version:
1. Kolan turned me onto a new website software that I've been fiddling with for a few hours. The more I use it the more impressed I am.
2. I met this morning with Pastor Wayne Barber and the Dead Preacher Society at Hoffmantown Baptist church. (By the way Mike, he says hello) It was a study on Greek Verb Tense Parsing and 2 John 7-11. It was the most amazing study. During my notes, I simply stopped and wrote out the following prayer..
Thank you Lord God Almighty so much for bringing me to this fellowship! I feel your presence among the believers gathered around the table.. I feel an amazing peace and a hunger for the continued presence of the Holy Spirit with these believers!
3. After the meeting I sat one on one with Pastor Wayne and we spoke and prayed together, I asked him to review the BTF doctrinal statement which he did. He assented to the statement and even stopped from time to time to point out things that he really apprecaited about the statement. I could see that in fact we were brothers in the faith. I was so excited to spend this time with him and more importantly, I kept praising God for bringing us together.. I was almost in tears thanking him for putting me together with Pastor Wayne.
I asked Pastor Wayne if he would consider mentoring me personally to which he responded "I would love to, that is exactly what God has called me to do." It was amazing.. I'm so very blessed! If I could fast forward to next week, it would be done already!
4. Back at the office.. Chris came in and shared that God was in fact moving in his personal life! God had broken Chris' heart over some long held family issues... and told Chris to "get ready and prepare himself" what an awesome testimony!!!
5. On a quick note, it is important to know that famed preacher Joel Osteen has stated publicly that he believes that Mormons are Christians. Joel Osteen is a false teacher and it is imperative that believers know his stance. Make no mistake about it, the Mormon Jesus is NOT the Jesus of the bible! Please check the Scripture, ask me, and if you like read a solid book on this topic entitled "One nation under gods" by Richard Abanes.
6. After work I went with Chris to Barnes and Noble where he purchased a study bible. I discussed the differences in translations and styles of bibles. He picked a good bible and I'm excited for him and the work that Christ is doing in him.
God bless you all...
Pastor Eric
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So awesome Eric, I am continually amazed at how God moves in your life. For the issue of Mormons check out http://www.irr.org/mit/finessing-god-once-a-man.html and the whole web site is awesome.
Post a Comment