
"An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life... She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:10-12, 27-30.
Today I worked diligently for the Coast Guard and got quite a bit done as always the Lord blessed me in my work. I am exhausted mentally, I've put in 16 hours in the past 24 to the website in work. I can't wait to hit the publish button. I need to do some work on the business plan that I've been working on, the deadline approaches. I am so tired that I was just going to go home today and rest.
However, it is imperative that I get this work done and when Marie (my wife) called me today to ask how I was doing, I simply told her that I was tired. She said, "I know honey, you've been working hard. (keep in mind she works much harder than I do, homeschooling four children and keeping our house the way she does in immaculate condition, feeding all of us and blessing me as a wife)
She asked when I was coming home and I told her that I would probably come home earlier.. she asked about the business plan that I'm working on and I told her that I really needed to work on it. She said that maybe I should work on it some tonight after work. Keep in mind that part of the reason that I want to go home is that I feel that I've been neglecting her in my time.
But instead of "guilt" or "nagging" or anything of the sort, my beautiful wife said, "honey, I know how important it is what you are working on, why don't you do some tonight and maybe tomorrow on Friday you can come home on time and we can have a good start to our weekend."
What an amazing, selfless act from my wife. So I'm praising God publicly for blessing me with her as a helpmate. She is in fact "an excellent wife"!
.
I have to tell you guys that Marie is truly an amazing woman and in fact a "woman who fears the Lord" open to practically any page of her bible and it is evident from notes, highlighters, scribbles and tear stains that she has been there and spent time there.
.
Thank you Lord God for blessing me with her, I truly don't feel worthy of Your blessing.
Break Break
I went to lunch with Chris today, and once again I'm amazed by the work God is doing in his life. I went over with him justification, sanctification and glorification salvation. He confided some things to me that have me in prayer for him. I'm sure that God will continue to do a mighty work in his life and the life of his family.
Praise God for the work of His hand in your life Chris!
Well folks, that is it for now... I've got to get to work on this business plan.
God bless,
Pastor Eric

No comments:
Post a Comment