Monday, January 21, 2008

Where do you want to go daddy?

Marie and I have four children. Darius, Arianna, Javen and Silas. We have been very blessed! They are amazing children each in their own right.

Today we took them to the zoo a sort of early celebration for Silas' 4th birthday tomorrow.

We asked Silas where he wanted to go on his birthday to which he responded "a McDonalds with a play place"

Then each of the kids took turns stating where they were hoping to go for their birthdays.

Javen (my 3rd child who is 6) then asked me... "Where do you want to go daddy?" I thought about it for just a brief moment and responded...

Heaven. Daddy wants to go to heaven Javen. Tears overwhelmed me slightly.

I do want to see my Savior. I'm ready to go now. I desire nothing more than to be in His presence. I don't mean this in a selfish way, I want to stay as long as God would have me for His purposes and for the family He has blessed me with. But if He took me tomorrow I'm sure He would provide for my family.

I am ready to go, I want to be with Him, I want to worship at His feet and feel His Holy presence.

I believe... do you?

Pastor Eric

No comments: