Sunday, February 10, 2008

Not so Xtreme Makeover

Kolan, Lisa, Marie and I have decided to join the local missionary effort at Hoffmantown dubbed "the not so extreme makeover"

In a nutshell, Hoffmantown Baptist has committed to make a difference in the local community with a concentrated effort between now and the end of spring break. We are having our first "go team" meeting today after church and then we have another meeting on Tuesday night.

I'm excited to see what God will do through us. As a fellowship, we've committed to purchase something like an oven or something similar to be donated to a family in the area. We just pray that God would lead us to which one.

BREAK BREAK

I finally finished my Greek study of 2 Timothy 1:1-2 and the grand total was 14 hours of study.

I immediately began my next Greek study of 2 Timothy 3-7 and so far I'm three words into the first verse and it has taken me one and a half hours to study. I pray that God would continue to give me the passion to seek out His Word in such a fashion, it has truly blessed me to do so. I also pray that my time gets shorter to get through the work, there is so much to do beyond what I'm currently doing and it never feels like I have enough time.

BREAK BREAK

Kolan gets home today and will be in town for 9 days, we will be setting a couple days aside to pray with one another for direction. So please be in prayer for us as a ministerial team.

God bless!

Pastor Eric

p.s. Lydia, if you are still reading, thanks again so much.. the book has already blessed me.

No comments: