Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Web behind the scenes / My distant brother

I've been working diligently on our BTF website behind the scenes. The website when eventually published will be www.birchtreefellowship.org and we will also have www.birchtreefellowship.com pointing to the same site.

A little over a week ago, Kolan introduced me to myflock.com and I was impressed with the work Steve and company at Myflock had done to assist ministries in getting a website up and running. They allow for nested menus and editing of the site that seems fairly straight forward. In addition they have a ton of other features that I haven't even begun to explore.

Kolan went through the process of obtaining the site from Rick and putting it into BTF's name, I'm excited that we can finally get the ball rolling on web publication and emails. Praise God!

So many people have been asking me to see the site... well it is coming soon folks! Keep praying for us in that!

Break Break

It seems as though my brother Ricky has decided to remain physically distant in Corpus and not return to Albuquerque. Although it breaks my heart that he does not plan to join us here in Albuquerque, if he really believes that remaining in Corpus is what God is calling him to do then I of course fully support him. I love Rick with all my heart and miss him greatly. I pray that God will continue to illuminate him with His Holy Spirit and that Ricky will draw closer and closer to God each day. If you are reading this Rick, know that I love you and miss you and have you in my daily prayers!

Break Break

I met a lady (Tracy) and her daughter (Natalie) today, and thoroughly enjoyed the conversation I had with Tracy. Turns out she is a small business owner and she is a fellow Christian. It is such an amazing blessing to continously run into Christian brothers and sisters in New Mexico. She gave me her card and I gave her my contact info for BTF. I'm excited about what God is doing in her life and the life of her family. Tracy, if you are reading this, know that you are in my prayers!

God bless,

Pastor Eric

No comments: