We went to the meeting tonight at Hoffmantown Baptist Church regarding the "Not So Extreme Makeover"
Because of confidentiality reasons I don't want to disclose too much information about the family that we were blessed with.
Suffice it to say for the purposes of my blog we will call the head of the family "Jane". The only description as of right now that we have of Jane is the following:
"Jane is a divorced single mother with two children: We'll call them "Mary" (8 yrs old) and "Martha" (unknown age at this time).
Jane suffers from post partum depression, is possibly bipolar and sees a therapist. She is indesperate need of a washing machine as well as clothing for her children."
We met with the NSX team today and received the news that she was our "family" that we were going to have the opportunity to interact with.
Our team now consists of: Joy, Char, Marie, Leslie and Lisa (the ladies) and Mike, Alan, Eric, Ray and Kolan (the men)
We are very excited and prayerful that Jane and her family will experience the love of Christ in the next few months in a way that will draw her nearer to Him.
Lord God, please let it be all about You! May Your holy presence permeate and illuminate us all. May you be pleased and may we all draw closer to You during this time!
I have a lot of reading to do in the "Go Team Leader" packet, and I still need to send out an email to the team. So I'll cut this portion short for tonight. Please keep us in prayer on this.
BREAK BREAK
I wrote a letter to Seaman Recruit Stook tonight. Martin, I couldn't be more proud of you! Martin is a former Youth Group member of mine from FBC Riverview who has joined the United States Coast Guard! He is currently in boot camp, please keep him in your prayers!
BREAK BREAK
I continued my Greek studies into 2 Timothy verse 3 and am now 3.5 hours into my study.. still in verse 3. I say this not to be bolsterous, but to praise God for putting this study before me and blessing me in the study!
Today as I worked on my study, a woman asked me "Are you working on your PhD? I've been secretly looking over your shoulder and your work looks like a dissertation."
I responded, "No, actually I'm just a pastor working on a sermon." She said, "No way, are you serious? I can't believe that someone would put that much work into a sermon."
I smiled and said, that I've been spending the past 3 hours on verse 3, to which she simply said... "Wow" It must be some sermon. I said, "You know, I'm more blessed than the others when I spend this kind of time with Him."
She said, "well best of luck to you"
It was a nice reminder of God's grace in my life to understand just how blessed I've been by Him in my time with Him in study.
Thank you God for taking the time to spend with me.
BREAK BREAK
Tomorrow is my "One Step Further" meeting with Pastor Wayne and crew, afterwards we are supposed to go to lunch for our one on one mentoring time. I plan on handing him my Greek study of 2 Timothy 1:1-2 and hope that he tears it apart and teaches me more.
Please pray for our time together!
God bless,
Pastor Eric
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment